Yogurt for Yeast Infection -Learn How And Why !
Raw plain yogurt contains “good” bacteria so when yeast infections affect your mouth, skin, and become life-threatening if affect your bloodstream you can use this ” good ” bacteria to protect your health and restore the balance .
Symptoms of vaginal infection
- white, thick vaginal discharge that looks like cottage cheese
- itching in the vulva,
- burning when urinating,
- swollen red labia.
The main cause o is an overgrowth of the fungus Candida albicans that can happen if you have a weakened immune system, have been taking antibiotics, use oral contraceptives, or are pregnant.
Consume yogurt or apply it to your vagina can reduce the symptoms of candidiasis because it prevents the fungi from multiplying and soothes irritation.
What is a Yeast Infection (Candidiasis)?
A vaginal yeast infection is an overgrowth of fungi .They cause discomfort, vaginal itchiness, and white discharge.
Womans vagina contains various strains of bacteria and yeast, an the Lactobacillus strains of bacteria keep yeast at bay.They don’t allow the number of fungi to increase.
A yeast infection occurs if some health conditions disrupt the balance of bacteria and affect the vaginal health.
Dr. Melissa Conrad Stöppler on MedicineNet says that most yeast infections in the vagina are caused by Candida albicans and can affect up to 75% of women.Candidiasis can also affect men.
Dr. Stöppler recommends to keep the vaginal area as dry as possible and to consume foods with probiotics in order to prevent yeast infections developing.
Causes of yeast infection
- antibiotics kill off “good” bacteria from our system
- antibiotics decrease Lactobacillus bacteria in the vagina
- yeast invades the sensitive tissue and irritates the vagina
- Tip: when using antibiotics, always take probiotics or consume live yogurt to restore normal intestinal flora.
According to Dr. Kathleen Romito on WebMD an imbalance in hormone levels caused by too much estrogen, pregnancy, oral contraceptives, or menstrual cycle can cause yeast infection .
Diabetes, overweight, suppressed immune system are more reasons for developing a yeast infection and candidiasis.
Symptoms of yeast infection
- a thick white discharge from the vagina or white spots at the back of your mouth (oral thrush)
- white, creamy lesions on the tongue
- severe itching in and around the genitals,
- swelling around the vaginal lips (labia),
- a type of thick white discharge that is clumpy
- urinating and having sexual intercourse will usually be painful
Note: candidiasis doesn’t produce a discharge with a fishy or strong odor.
Symptoms of severe cases of vaginal yeast infections:
- intense itchiness
- tears or sores around the genitals.
Which Type of Yogurt is Beneficial for Treating Yeast Infections
Yogurt with live bacteria can restore the normal bacteria balance in the body and treat vaginal yeast infections.Look for yogurt that contains Lactobacillus strains of bacteria or use Plain Greek yogurt .
Many studies showed that natural yogurt that contains probiotics can improve vaginal health.
How to Use Yogurt for Yeast Infection
- cooled yogurt helps to reduce itching, gets rid of irritation, and lessens swelling of the vulva.
- for instant relief insert a tampon soaked in yogurt into your vagina
- it will kill off vaginal fungal infections.
How to use:
- use natural, probiotic yogurt from the refrigerator
- soak a non-scented tampon in it
- insert the tampon into your vagina
- leave for 2 hours to fight the fungal infection
- rinse the yogurt off and thoroughly dry your genitalia
- repeat this 2 times a day until there is no more itchiness, redness, and white discharge.
Apply yogurt externally
- use a clean cloth or clean fingers to apply cooled yogurt to the affected area on your vagina
- let it sit for one hour
- rinse off with cool water
- dry thoroughly
- repeat 3 times a day .
Yogurt and honey anti- Candida topical treatment
- mix yogurt with honey to make your own natural anti- Candida vaginal cream
- studies shown that the yeast-killing effect of honey also eliminates Candida infections
- honey doesn’t destroy Lactobacillus bacteria strains
- mix r equal amounts of honey and yogurt
- dip a tampon
- insert into your vagina
- let it sit 1-2 hours
- rinse and dry thoroughly
- repeat 2 times a day
Yogurt and ginger for yeast infection
Consume it daily or use it as a topical application.
Ginger and yogurt paste:
- grate a 1-inch piece of ginger
- mix with one cup of plain raw yogurt
- consume the ginger and yogurt mixture 2 times a day
- also apply it to your genitals
- let it sit for 1 hour
- do this 1-2 times a day.
How to use yogurt for preventing yeast infections :
- Consume 1/2 cup of plain yogurt once or twice a day.
Yogurt and garlic for yeast infections
- peel and crush 2-3 cloves of garlic
- let it sit for 10 minutes ( the allicin will form)
- mix with one cup of plain yogurt
- put it on a tampon
- put it in your vagina to destroy Candida
- let it sit for 1 hour
- rinse off
- repeat 2 times a day
- to kill off Candida infections internally consume the yogurt and garlic remedy 2 times a day .
Stay beautiful and healthy !