Teriyaki Chicken Slow Cooker and Rice Bowl – RECIPE
Teriyaki Chicken Slow Cooker RECIPE:
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts or mix of both
- 1 Tbdp fresh chopped ginger OR 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup sweet onion chopped
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
– put the chicken in slow cooker
– in a bowl whisk : honey, soy sauce and vinegar
– add ginger, garlic, onion and pepper
– pour the mixture over chicken
– cover slow cooker
– cook on LOW for 6 hours
– shred chicken with two forks.
– whisk cornstarch with cold water
– add to slow cooker
– let it cook for 10 more minutes
– stir again
– serve over rice and steamed vegetables.
- boil water
- add salt
- pour water ( a cup of rice = 1¾ cups of water) into a large saucepan
- bring to a boil
- mix 1 teaspoon salt into the water
- pour in rice
- stir once to separate the rice
- cover the pot and simmer
- turn down the heat to its lowest setting
- let it simmer for 18 minutes
- remove from heat
- let the rice steam in the pot for 5 minutes
- fluff rice with a fork to separate the grains.
- You should’t uncover the saucepan or stir the rice during cooking.
- If it’s done before the meat place a folded towel over the saucepan to absorb excess moisture and condensation and prevent overcooked and mushy rice.
Stay happy and healthy …