THE BEST GINGERBREAD ICING
Holidays are coming so it is time to find out about the BEST Gingerbread Icing!
This amazing mixture will stick everything together and holds it just like glue!
Gather your kids and make the prettiest gingerbread houses with this glue in your hand!
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp Almond extract (optional)
- 5 cups of confectioners’ sugar (have more to thicken if needed)
- whisk the egg whites in a glass bowl
- add in almond extract
- slowly pour in confectioners’ sugar on low speed,
- scrape down the sides of the bowl periodically
- increase the speed of the mixer to high
- whisk for 7 to 10 minutes
- stiff peaks should form and when you run a knife through you should see the path of the knife hold
- fill a piping bag and use immediately
- if storing put into an airtight container and lay plastic wrap on the top of the icing to keep air off of it and prevent a crust from forming.