9 Things to Do After Waxing to Prevent Rash and Irritation !!!
Waxing is removing unwanted hair from the legs, armpits, the bikini area, and the face.It can go well or it can cause irritation and a rash on the skin .
To avoid iritation:
- prepare the skin properly before hair removal
- after waxing care procedures minimizes the risk of rashes
How to Prepare Your Skin for Waxing
- let the hair to grow 1/4 to 1/2 inch
- don’t shave in the 2 weeks prior to waxing
- exfoliate your skin a day or two before
- don’t exfoliate on the day of wax hair removal
- apply a good natural moisturizer after exfoliating the skin
Natural Exfoliator to Prepare Skin for Waxing
- mix 3 tbs olive oil or sweet almond oil and 1/4 cup fine sugar
- rinse the area you want to exfoliate with warm water and pat dry
- gently rub the mixture into your skin for about 5 minutes
- do this with circular motions
- let it sit for 5 min
- rinse off and dry.
Things to Do or to Avoid After Waxing
Apply cold water to reduce irritation
- it will constrict blood vessels and prevent inflammation and swelling in the affected skin area
- cold compresses are a great way to reduce irritation and soothe inflamed skin
- moisten a clean wash cloth with cold water and wring out the excess water
- hold against the skin irritation for 15 to 20 minutes
- dampen the cloth with cold water when necessary to keep the compress cool
- repeat several times a day
Apply aloe vera to prevent skin bumps
- take some pure aloe vera gel or squeeze aloe vera gel from an aloe vera leaf
- gently massage into the waxed area
- apply 2-3 times a day to help relieve any irritation
- apply until you have silky smooth skin with no signs of redness.
Tea tree oil
- mix one tbs of carrier oil (such as sweet almond oil, olive oil, grapeseed oil, or coconut oil) mix 2-3 drops tea tree oil
- apply it 2-3 times a day after waxing
Witch hazel to reduce irritation after waxing
- soak a cotton pad in pure witch hazel extract
- apply to the waxed area
- repeat 2-3 times a day until the skin irritation is gone
- apply a small amount of witch hazel after waxing.
Take an oatmeal bath to exfoliate waxed skin
- draw a bath of warm water and 2 cups of ground oatmeal under the running water
- mix the oatmeal around the water
- relax in the bath for 20 minutes
- soak a handful of oatmeal in the water
- press onto waxed patches of skin
- rinse off in the shower
- pat yourself dry
- repeat the process for the first 2-3 days after waxing
- apply the mask to the waxed skin on your armpit, face, or bikini area
- let it sit for 10 minutes before rinsing off
- repeat daily until your skin irritation is resolved.
Honey to heal skin
- wash your hand and take a little honey on your fingers
- apply the honey remedy to waxed areas
- let it dry
- rinse off with cool water
Apply a cucumber mask to prevent rash and soothe irritation
- cut a cucumber into slices
- put the sliced cucumber on your waxed upper lip area or eyebrow area
- let it work for 20 minutes
- Avoid using soap on waxed areas.
- Stay out of the sun.
- Exfoliate your skin after waxing.
- First 24 hours after a waxing session, stay out of chlorinated water like swimming pools.
- Avoid spas or saunas in the first 24 hours after waxing any part of your body.
- Avoid touching the waxed area and if you need to do so, always wash your hands.
Stay beautiful and healthy !!!