7 clever uses of coffee ground !!!
I love to start and finish my day with a cup of good coffee.
Simply love the smell,the taste and the way it wakes me up and prepares me for the day .
But after I drink my favorite cup of coffee I hate the moment of cleaning my cup .Recently on net I came across to one great article and since I love gardening and reusing I was more than happy to read ,try and then share it with you coffee lovers.
Here are the best uses of coffee ground:
- add it directly to your compost because according to Oregon State University it is high-nitrogen materials but it need to be balanced with high-carbon materials( sawdust, sticks, twigs and dried leaves).
- add coffee grounds (21 percent nitrogen) will keep wood mulch from tying up too much nitrogen from the soil.
3. Deter pests
- use coffee grounds as a deterrent because slugs don’t like crossing over a barrier of coffee grounds. All you need to do is to sprinkle a circle of grounds around your targeted plant, reapplying as needed.
4. Improve soil structure
- if you have an area of soil in desperate need of drainage and amendment, coffee grounds can be a great addition,let the earthworms pull coffee grounds deep into the soil.
5.. Compost tea
- use a ratio of ½ cup grounds to 1¼ gallons of water
- strain the liquid and use it as a natural fertilizer .
6. Suppress fungal rots and wilts
- Washington State University points that coffee grounds help to suppress certain fungal rots and wilts so try scattering a thin layer of coffee grounds around plants .
7. Green up your lawn
- simply mix coffee grounds with horticultural sand and applied the mixture to the lawn.
You should also watch the video:
Keep it natural and organic …